Have you been trying to find the best fish finder in the market? Well, if the answer is yes then we have a solution thanks to the Lowrance hook 5.
Boasting GPS feature, this fish finder allows you to not only mark and return to your favorite spots, docks, as well as boat ramps.
What is more is that this fish finder combines the benefits of CHIRP and DownScan Imaging technology to give a complete and clear view of underwater environs under your boat.
These CHIRP sonars can easily distinguish between debris and fish even at high boat speeds.
They also feature a backtrack feature which assists you to easily scroll back through different images to mark the waypoints you may want to revisit.
Fast And Accurate GPS
It comes with a very fast yet accurate GPS feature and Basemap charts package that covers more than 3,000 rivers and lakes, and also coastal contours.
You can also create your own maps or modify the existing ones with the help of an online application known as Insight Genesis Maps. You can set GPS alarms and save previous GPS readings to use at a later date.
This fish finder also has GPS chart upgrade options which include Navionics and Jeppesen maps. You can also read and record the water temperature at various depths and locations.
Advanced Signal Processing (ASP)
To monitor noise such as water condition or boat pumps, this fish finder uses an advanced signal processor (ASP) to filter out the unnecessary signals.
This way, the unnecessary clutters are eliminated by use of 2D mode or DownScan. In perfect condition, this fish finder is capable of scanning the bottom of the boat and water column at speeds of up to 70 MPH.
The transducer that is capable of up to 1,000 ft. in 2D and 300ft. in DownScan.
Lowrance Hook 5 Efficient Display
This fish finder has a square display of 5-inch wide and resolution of 480X480 pixels. it hence provides a more screen face in the case when viewing multiple applications at the same time.
The Lowance hook 5 has an excellent readability even in direct sunlight because of the 16-bit color TFT range that has an adjustable LED backlight, having 11 possible levels.
This fish finder allows one to view up to 3 panels per view. It is waterproof with a rate of IPX7 and can survive accidental water exposure without a problem.It
It is, however, advisable to use a cover when fishing in saltwater. You to adjust the sensitivity of the sonar and the view shown on display.
To make fishing a more exciting experience, this fish finder has a great feature in the trackback. This feature allows you to record and then preview the history to use at a later date.
Revisiting the favorite location is easier as the history will include the transition, structure, fish targets and pinpoint a location.
What We Liked
- Easy to install
- Automatic noise filtering
- Capable of Insight Genesis
- Fast and accurate GPS
- Compatible with superior maps such as Lake Insight and Nautic Insight PRO
- HDI transducer included
- Powerful 2D CHIRP sonar
- 16-bit color display
- Adjustable backlight for superior readability
- Split-screen view of up to 3 panels per view
- Various functions included such as Fish ID, A-Scope, Bottom Lock etc.
- DownScan imaging for a crystal-clear view
- Possibility to combine both DownScan and 2D mode
What We Didn’t Like
- The included Basemaps offer only minimal details
- offers a wide range of functions and features and hence may take a while to fully learn how to operate it
- Screen: 5 inch diagonal
- Resolution 480H X 480V pixel matrix
- 16-color ft. with an adjustable LED backlight
- Sonar: 2D CHIRP and DownScan
- Depth capability: 1,000 ft. for the CHIRP sonar, 300 ft. for DownScan
- Maps: Basemaps
- Power Output: max 500 Watts (RMS)
- Power Input: 12 vDC (10-17 vDC min-max)
- Routes: Waypoints, Tracks: 100, 3,000, 100 (10,000 points each)
If you are looking for a small fish finder with a CHIRP, GPS and down view sonar, then the Lowrance hook 5 is definitely the best.